HCIA Grand Prix Series
What is it and how does it work:
The Grand Prix Series is a year long competition designed to be more inclusive for Highlander sailors that don't make it to as many regattas but, consistently perform well.
The series begins at the first event after the yearly National Championship and continues through the following *National Championship.
- A Series consisting of all Highlander Class regattas
- Events are classified based on historical attendance
- Larger events award more points
- Points are awarded for competitors' finishing place
- Competitors' score is based on their best two scores at each class of event (excluding class III events)
*This year the competition continues through the last regatta before the Hoover Fling since Nationals is in the spring.
2014/2015 Current Standings (end of 2014 sailing season)
Check out the standings below at the end of the 2014 sailing season. Competition picks up again at Mid-Winters at Lake Hartwell. Since the Highlander Nationals is early this year, the Grand Prix Series trophy will be decided by performance at the regatta's before the Hoover Fling. Good luck.
|Grand Prix Current Top Ten - 2014/2015|
|Place||Skipper||Class III Events||Class II Events||Class I Event||Points|